It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
Claims and Test Results
The claims on these pages are mainly based on results from tests conducted by Strategy Analytics, an independent global company specialising in market analysis. In some cases, tests were also conducted in laboratories at Sony Mobile Communications Inc.
All claims were verified at the time of testing. However, as the mobile landscape changes quickly and new phone models are released on a continuous basis, we cannot guarantee that all claims are still valid as you read this. Please see the date specified at the bottom of each claim and test specification for reference.
For more information on Strategy Analytics, please visit the Strategy Analytics homepage.
Xperia™ Z Ultra
6.4” Full HD display in the world’s slimmest smartphone
“The world’s largest full HD smartphone display“
Based on data from Strategy Analytics’ SpecTRAX service tracking smartphone announcements, launches and availability. Data correct as of the 7th of August 2013. For more information on Strategy Analytics results go to: http://sa-link.cc/SonySA/
- With a 6.44-inch display combined with a resolution of 1920x1080p the Sony Xperia Z Ultra has the largest 1080HD display of any smartphone ever announced.
- The largest mainstream smartphone with a 1920x1080p Full HD display is the Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Close competitors include the Pantech Vega No6 and LG’s Optimus G Pro (available in Korea) and the Lenovo IdeaPad K600 (not yet available).
“The world’s slimmest full HD smartphone“
Based on data from Strategy Analytics’ SpecTRAX service and correct as of the 7th of August 2013, the Xperia Z Ultra is the slimmest smartphone with a Full HD display. For more information on Strategy Analytics results go to: http://sa-link.cc/SonySA/
- At just 6.5 mm wide with a 1920x1080p display, the Sony Xperia Z Ultra is the slimmest smartphone with a Full HD display.
“The world’s fastest smartphone processor**”
**Specifications of Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor verified by Strategy Analytics’ SpecTRAX service as of 7th of August 2013. For more information on Strategy Analytics results go to: http://sa-link.cc/SonySA/
- Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 800 series of quad-core smartphone processors run at 2.2 GHz.
- The “Krait” 400 architecture is a customised, higher-performance version of ARM’s Cortex-A15 cores.
- The ARM Cortex-A15 offers higher performance than the Cortex-A9 and R4 Cortex-A9 cores.
- Octa-core chips, such as Samsung’s Exynos 5, consist of 4 high-performance cores and 4 low-power cores. No more than 4 cores are in use at any one time.
- Based on clock-speed and number of cores, the Snapdragon 800 chips are currently the fastest smartphone processors available.
*Only 4 cores (at most) are used at any one time
**Tegra 4i is based on ARM Cortex-A9, which is lower-performance than Qualcomm’s Krait 400 micro-architecture
***ST-Ericsson’s eQuad is only a dual-core solution, electrically controllable to act like a quad-core processor
Source: Strategy Analytics’ Handset Component Technologies service, June 2013
“The world’s sharpest large-screen smartphone display”
Large-screen smartphones defined by Sony as smartphones with a 5.5+ inch display. Specifications verified by Strategy Analytics’ SpecTRAX service as of 24 June 2013 and outside of South Korea, for more information on Strategy analytics results go to: http://sa-link.cc/SonySA/
Download the test data sheet (.pdf, 71 kB)
- With 342 PPI across a 6.44-inch display the Sony Xperia Z Ultra has the highest PPI of any smartphone with a display ≥5.5 inches ever announced (outside of South Korea), arguably giving it the “sharpest display” for this size of smartphone.
- The Huawei Ascend Mate is a close competitor in terms of display size, however the resolution is calculated at just 240 PPI.
About these tests
Although great care has been taken to ensure the accuracy and completeness of this data, Strategy Analytics is unable to accept any legal responsibility for any actions taken on the basis of the information contained therein. Circulation or disclosure of this data, in whole or in part, outside of the authorised recipient organisations is expressly forbidden without the prior written permission of Strategy Analytics.