How do I transfer contacts from my old phone or my PC to my new phone?
If you are transferring contacts using a PC, use the PC Companion program. It’s free, and the installation files are already saved on your new phone. PC Companion also offers a range of other features, including help to update your phone software.
To install PC Companion
- New phone: Turn on your new Android™ phone and connect it to a PC using a USB cable.
- New phone: Tap Install to install PC Companion on the PC.
- Computer: If a popup window appears, select Run Startme.exe. In the new popup window that appears, click Install to start the installation and then follow the instructions to complete the installation.
To transfer contacts to your new phone using PC Companion
- Make sure that PC Companion is installed on your PC.
- Open the PC Companion program on the PC, then click Contacts Setup and follow the instructions to transfer your contacts.
Did you find this information helpful?
Thanks, we appreciate your input!