Transfer files using a USB cable
You can connect your phone to a computer with a USB cable in order to manage files on your phone. From the file explorer of your computer, you can then drag and drop content between your phone and the computer.
Note: If you are running an application on your phone and the application is using the memory card, you may need to close the application in order to access the memory card.
To drag and drop content between your phone and a computer:
- Connect your phone to a computer using a USB cable.
- Phone: Tap Connect your phone.
- Computer: Open Microsoft® Windows® Explorer from the desktop and wait until the memory card of your phone appears as an external disk in Microsoft® Windows® Explorer.
- Computer: Drag and drop the desired files between your phone and the computer.
Note: Your phone cannot access the memory card while the card is being accessed by the computer. During this time some applications in the phone, such as the camera, may not be accessible. To disconnect the USB cable safely:
Note: To avoid losing your data, do not disconnect the USB cable while content is being transferred.
- Computer: Carefully follow the instructions on your computer to unmount the microSD card and disconnect USB devices correctly, to avoid losing information on the card.
- Phone: Drag the status bar downwards.
- Tap Turn off USB storage.
- Tap Turn off USB storage in the screen that opens.
- Disconnect the USB cable.