Tips to maximize battery performance
To decrease the brightness of the screen:
- Select Menu > Settings > Phone > Display.
- Highlight and tap Brightness and flick the bar to the left to decrease the brightness of the screen.
- Select two bars or less and tap OK.
To turn off the 3G network:
- Select Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Network.
- Highlight and tap Network mode.
- Tap GSM > OK.
To turn off Bluetooth™:
- Select Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Bluetooth.
- Highlight and tap Bluetooth, then tap Off.
Other useful tips to maximize battery performance:
- Only use location services when needed.
- Turn off push email and synchronize your mailboxes manually.
- Minimise the use of third-party applications.
- Charge your phone often. The battery lasts longer if you charge it frequently.
- If you are in an area with no coverage, your phone repeatedly scans for available networks, which consumes power. If you can’t move to an area with better coverage, turn off your phone temporarily or use Flight mode.
- Turn off Bluetooth™ and the Wi-Fi™ connection when you don’t need them.
- Don’t cover the phone antenna when you are engaged in a call or when transferring data. The antenna is located at the back of phone.
- Browse the web with Wi-Fi™ rather than mobile data networks and turn off Wi-Fi™ when not in use.
- Close running applications when not in use.