How do I get Internet settings?
To access the Internet, you must have a 2G/3G mobile data connection and the correct settings. There are different ways to get these settings:
- For most mobile phone networks and operators, Internet settings come preinstalled on your phone. You can then start using the Internet right away.
- In some cases you will get the option to download Internet settings the first time you turn on your phone. It is also possible to download the settings later from the Settings menu.
- You can manually add and change Internet and network settings in your phone at any time. Contact your network operator for detailed information on your Internet settings.
To download Internet settings
- From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
- Find and tap Settings > Xperia™ > Internet settings.
To add Internet settings manually
- From the Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
- Find and tap Settings > More… > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
- Press the Menu key.
- Tap New APN.
- Tap Name and enter the name of the network profile you want to create.
- Tap APN and enter the access point name.
- Enter all other information required by your network operator.
- Press the Menu key and tap Save.
Did you find this information helpful?
Thanks, we appreciate your input!