Your phone doesn’t appear on the computer when connected with a USB cable
If your phone doesn’t appear on the computer when connected with a USB cable:
- Make sure that the USB cable is properly attached to the phone and computer. When connected, the USB storage icon is visible in the status bar on your phone.
- Restart your computer and your phone, then re-connect the phone using a USB cable.
- Make sure that the USB cable isn’t damaged. Try using another USB cable or another USB port on your computer.
- Make sure that the memory card is properly mounted. Unmount the memory card and then reinsert it.
- If you accidentally skipped the popup screen that appears when you connect your phone to the computer, you can re-insert the USB cable to the phone and select Mass storage. The phone restarts when entering mass storage mode.