What is NFC?
Using NFC (Near Field Communication), you can transfer information between your phone and other NFC devices, such as phones, NFC tags or payment devices. For example, you can share web addresses, contacts, phone numbers, music tracks, videos or photos.
NFC tags are small programmed information areas that can be embedded on posters, on billboard advertisements or next to products in retail stores. Touching a tag can give you additional information such as maps, web addresses and movie trailers.
NFC is activated by bringing two NFC devices together. The maximum reading distance is about one centimetre, which helps prevent unauthorised communications.
To turn on the NFC function
- From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
- Find and tap Settings > Wireless & networks.
- Mark the NFC checkbox.
To share a music file with another phone using NFC
- Make sure that both your phone and the receiving phone have the NFC function turned on, the Share my tag checkbox under Tags > My tag is unchecked and that both phone screens are active.
- To open the music player, go to your Home screen, then tap Media > the Music icon. If the Music icon is not displayed, tap the Application screen icon, then find and tap the Music icon.
- Tap the MY MUSIC tab to open the music library.
- Select a music category and browse to the track you want to send.
- Tap the track to play it. You can then tap the Pause icon to pause the track. The transfer works whether the track is playing or paused.
- Hold your phone and the receiving phone back to back so that the NFC detection area of each phone touches the other. When the phones connect, they both vibrate and the data transfer starts.
- Separate the two phones immediately after they vibrate.
- When the transfer is done, the music file plays immediately on the receiving phone. At the same time, the file is saved in the Music application.
Tip: Separating the phones immediately after they vibrate prevents repeated connection attempts that could interfere with the data transfer.
Note: You might not be able to copy, send or transfer copyright-protected items.
To scan an NFC tag
- Make sure that your phone has the NFC function turned on and that the screen is active.
- Place your phone over the tag so that the phone’s NFC detection area touches it. Your phone scans the tag and displays the content collected. Tap the content of the tag to open it.
- To open the tag, tap it.
Did you find this information helpful?
Thanks, we appreciate your input!