Transfer contacts using a SIM card
SIM cards have limited storage capacity and can only store one number per contact. To backup and sync your contacts we recommend that you use Contacts setup, a PC Companion application.
To transfer your contacts using a SIM card:
- Old phone: Export your contacts to the SIM card. If you need help, see your old phone’s user guide.
- Turn off your old phone and remove the SIM card.
- New phone: Insert the SIM card in your new phone and turn on your phone.
- From the Home screen, tap the Application screens icon.
- Find and tap Contacts.
- Press the Menu key, then tap Import contacts > SIM card.
- If needed, select what account the contacts should be created in and synchronised with, for example a Google™ account. If you save the contacts as Phone contacts, they will only be used in the phone and not be synchronised.
- To transfer a single contact, find and tap the contact.
- To import all contacts, tap Import all.