How do I send or receive files with Bluetooth™?
Share items with other Bluetooth™ compatible devices such as phones or computers. You can send and receive several kinds of items using the Bluetooth™ function, such as:
- Photos and videos
- Music and other audio files
- Web pages
Note: Bluetooth™ connections work better within 10 meter (33 foot) range, with no solid objects in between. To send items using Bluetooth™
- Receiving device: Make sure the Bluetooth™ device that you want to send the item to has Bluetooth™ turned on and is visible to other Bluetooth™ devices.
- In the sending device, open the application which contains the item you want to send and scroll to the item.
- Depending on the application and the item you want to send, you may need to, for example, touch and hold the item, open the item or press the Menu key. Other ways to send an item may exist.
- Select a share or send menu item.
- In the menu that appears, select Bluetooth.
- Turn on Bluetooth™, if you are asked to do so.
- Tap the name of the receiving device.
- Receiving device: If asked, accept the connection.
- If asked, enter the same passcode on both devices, or confirm the suggested passcode.
- Receiving device: Accept the incoming item. If needed, drag the status bar downwards to find the notification.
To receive items using Bluetooth™
- Make sure that the Bluetooth™ function is on and is visible to other Bluetooth™ devices.
- The sending device now starts sending data to your phone.
- If prompted, enter the same passcode on both devices, or confirm the suggested passcode.
- When you are notified of an incoming file to your phone, drag the status bar downwards and tap the notification to accept the file transfer.
- Tap Accept to start the file transfer.
- To view the progress of the transfer, drag the status bar downwards.
- To open a received item, drag the status bar downwards and tap the relevant notification.