What is TrackID™?
Use the TrackID™ music recognition service to identify a music track you hear playing in your surroundings. Just record a short sample of the song and you’ll get artist, title and album info within seconds. You can purchase tracks identified by TrackID™ and you can view TrackID charts to see what TrackID users around the globe are searching for. For best results, use TrackID™ technology in a quiet area.
To open the TrackID™ application
- From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
- Find and tap TrackID™.
Tip: You can also use the TrackID™ widget to open the TrackID™ application.
To search for track information using TrackID™
- When the TrackID™ application is open, hold the phone towards the music source.
- Tap the Record icon. If the track is recognised by the TrackID™ service, the results appear on the screen.
To buy a track using TrackID™ technology
- When the TrackID™ application is open, tap a track title.
- In the track information screen, tap Download.
- Follow the instructions in your phone to complete your purchase.
Note: The track purchase feature may not be supported in all countries/regions, or by all networks and/or service providers in all areas.