How can I start using my email in the phone?
Use the Email application in your phone to send and receive emails through your regular email account or through your corporate account. Or you can do both. Your phone can handle several email accounts at the same time. You can set up these accounts to run through one combined inbox, or through separate inboxes. Note that emails you receive to your
account can be accessed in the phone from both the Email and the
To set up an email account in your phone
- From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
- Find and tap Email.
- Enter your email address and password, then tap Next.
- If the settings for the email account cannot be downloaded automatically, complete the setup manually. If necessary, contact your email service provider for detailed settings. For corporate email setup on your phone, select Exchange Active Sync as the account type.
- When you are prompted, enter a name for your email account, so that it is easily identifiable. The same name shows in the emails you send from this account. When you are finished, tap Done.
To create and send an email message
- From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon, then find and tap Email.
- If you are using several email accounts, tap the account you want to send the message from, then tap the Add icon.
- Tap To and start typing the recipient’s address. Matches are displayed in a dynamic list. Tap the relevant match or continue typing the complete email address. To add more recipients, enter a comma ( , ) or a semi colon ( ; ) and start typing another name. To delete a recipient, tap the Delete icon.
- To select an email address saved in your contacts, tap the Add contacts icon, then find and mark the checkbox next to a recipient field. To add more than one recipient, mark the checkboxes for the desired recipients. When you are finished, tap Done.
- Tap Subject and enter the email subject.
- To attach a file, tap the Attach files icon. Select the type of file, then tap the file you want to attach from the list that appears.
- In the message area, enter your message text.
- To set a priority level, press the Menu key, then tap Set priority and select an option.
- To add Cc/Bcc fields, press the Menu key, then tap Add Cc/Bcc.
- To send the email, tap the Send icon.