Can I back up my text messages?
Yes, you can back up your text messages. If you are a PC user, use the Backup & Restore wizard of the PC Companion software. You can also use the Backup and restore application in your phone to make backups of phone content to your internal storage.
The Backup & Restore wizard of the PC Companion software is free, and the installation files are already saved on your new phone. The installation starts when you connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable.
Note: If you install PC Companion on a PC running the Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system, make sure that the AutoPlay setting is enabled.To enable the AutoPlay setting on a computer running Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system
- Click Start > Control Panel. In the search box, type “autoplay”, and then click AutoPlay.
- Mark the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices checkbox.
To install PC Companion
- Turn on your new Android™ phone and connect it to a PC using a USB cable.
- New phone: Tap Install to install PC Companion on the PC.
- Computer: If a pop-up window that appears notifies you about available PC Software, select Run Startme.exe.
- Computer: Click Install to start the installation and then follow the instructions to complete the installation.
Tip: PC Companion is also available for download from the PC Companion download page.
To back up and restore content using PC Companion
- Make sure that PC Companion is installed on your PC.
- Computer: Open the PC Companion program, then click Backup & Restore and follow the instructions to back up your content.
Use the Backup & restore application in your phone to make backups of phone content to your internal storage. Such backups can be used to restore your content and some phone settings in cases where your data is lost or deleted.
To create a backup of your phone content using the Backup & restore application
- From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
- Find and tap Back up & restore.
- To select where to save the backup, tap Select destination.
- To select what to back up, tap Select data type.
- Tap the Back key.
- To create the backup, tap Back up.
Tip: The settings for content type and data type are saved, so if you always want to back up the same type of information, just tap Back up.