How do I transfer contacts from a Mac address book to my new phone?
From your computer, transfer your Mac® Address Book contacts to your Google™ account. Once your contacts are in your Google™ account, you can synchronise your contacts with your new Xperia™ phone.
To export your Mac® Address Book contacts into a vCard on a computer
- Computer: Open your Mac® Address Book and select the contact or group of contacts you want to export.
- Computer: From the File menu, click Export.
- Computer: Click Export Group vCard or Export vCard depending on whether you want to export a group of contacts or just a single contact.
- Computer: Enter a file name and save the vCard file.
To import contacts to your Google™ account on a computer
- Computer: Log in to your Google™ account.
- Computer: Click
> Contacts > Import contacts.
- Computer: Click Browse and select the file name of your Mac® Address Book contacts.
- Computer: Click Open > Import.
To synchronise contacts on your new phone
- From the Home screen, tap the Application screens icon.
- Find and tap Settings > Accounts & sync.
- To automatically synchronise, mark the Activate auto-sync checkbox and select the account you want to synchronise. Mark the checkboxes for the Google™ services that you want to synchronise automatically.
- To manually synchronise, select the account you want to synchronise and tap the items you want to synchronise.