The phone doesn’t appear on the computer when it’s connected using a USB cable
Make sure that the USB cable is properly connected to the phone and computer. When connected, the USB icon is visible in the status bar on your phone.
Make sure that the USB cable isn’t damaged. Try using another USB cable or another USB port on your computer.
Restart your computer. Turn off the phone, remove the battery, and then remove and reinsert the memory card. Turn on the phone and then reconnect the phone to the computer using the USB cable
Change the USB connection mode, and then connect your phone to the computer again using the USB cable.
To change the USB connection mode to mass storage mode
- Make sure that your phone is not connected to a USB cable.
- From your Home screen, tap .
- Find and tap Settings > Xperia™ > Connectivity > USB connection mode.
- Tap Mass storage mode (MSC) > OK.
- Tap OK.
- Connect the phone and computer using the USB cable.
If needed, update the USB drivers on your computer. Start the PC Companion application on your computer and check for updates.
Did you find this information helpful?
Thanks, we appreciate your input!