Start your phone for the first time
The first time you start your phone a setup guide helps you enter essential phone settings and import contacts. You can also access the setup guide later from the phone settings.
To set the phone language:
- When you start your phone for the first time a list of languages appears. Scroll through the list and select your language.
- Tap Done.
To import contacts from a SIM card:
- When you start your phone for the first time with a SIM card inserted, the setup guide prompts you to import your SIM contacts. Tap Import contacts.
Tip: When you copy contacts between two phones using your SIM card, the amount and the type of information you can transfer for each contact is limited.
To set the time and date:
- When you start your phone for the first time, the setup wizard prompts you to set the time and date. Tap Time & date.
- Find and tap Time.
- Tap the hour and minute fields to adjust the time.
- Tap Save.
- Find and tap Date.
- Tap the day, month, and year fields to adjust the date.
- Tap Save.
Tip: While setting the time and date, you can also select your preferred time and date display formats. Tap Time format or Date format to select a desired format.