Transfer files using a USB cable
To drag and drop content between your phone and a computer:
- Connect a USB cable to your phone and the computer.
- Phone: Select Mass storage.
- Computer: Wait until the phone memory and memory card appear as external disks in the file explorer.
- Computer: To view the phone memory and memory card folders, double-click the icon representing your phone.
- Computer: Copy and paste your file, or drag and drop it, into a corresponding folder on your computer, in your phone memory, or on your memory card.
Tip: You can’t use your phone while transferring files.
To disconnect the USB cable safely:
- Computer: Use the Safely Remove Hardware function to select the device you want to unplug, and then click Stop.
- Disconnect the USB cable.
Note: Don’t disconnect the USB cable while you are transferring content, as this may corrupt the content.